Bond INCO – Dubai, UAE
Job Type: Full-time
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Education level must be in a field and to a level that they are able to research, understand and apply new information to a task, project or field issue
- A good technical background with the ability to articulate technical issues in a clear and concise format
- Write and publish technical documentation that helps people understand and use our products/services
- Create helpful emails for users upon creating an account, making any changes to their account settings, making payments and deactivating their account
- Create notification help guides for users
- Help centre creation, management, editing etc…
- Coordinate with marketing team for creative designs, animations and ideas to include in notification emails.
- Coordinate with software developers to ensure help guides/notifications are outgoing to users as per system needs
- Work with Front End (User Experience) team to create on-screen help tours for new users and when introducing new features to our portal (using intro.js)
- Provide feedback on product functionality to User Experience Team
- Coordinate with language translators to ensure appropriate methodologies are being followed to execute help guides
- Analyse the system to create an automated help environment for all users
- Suggest new ideas about email notifications and help guides which will enhance user experience
- Proactively retrieve information needed from Business Analysts, Marketing Department and Product Owners
- Coordinate with Community Management Team for FAQ’s
- Create CHAT environment for users
- Excellent Communication skills in English
- Writing skills: the ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to be able to convey information appropriately for a variety of audiences.
- Technical Skills: knowledge of the system technical functions and abilities to provide certain outcomes
- Tools Skills: Ability to utilize multiple tools in order to produce documentation in a variety of formats. (Adobe FrameMaker, MS word, MadCap Flare, RoboHELP, Snag-it and even PageMaker and Quark documentation).
- Interviewing and Listening Skills: The candidate needs to know how to ask the right questions. ALso, need to know the best person to approach and have a feel for the varying personalities and preferences of the people.
- Strong Listening Skills: TO capture the information necessary and to know which follow-up questions need to be answered
- Design Skills: Appreciations for graphics and formatting as well as illustrations.
- Usability and Testing Skills: Validation of the documentation is important since it is a confirmation that the product works the way it is documented to work.
- Able to articulate complicated concepts both verbally and written
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive approach to tasks, projects and system development
- Strong problem solver
- Calm under time pressure
- 4-5 years in a similar role