The Database Architect will work among a team of software developers and architects to develop polygloat data oriented systems on cloud, focused on defining road maps, standards, use cases and optimizing performance. The role requires data modelling and engineering experience and skills in both SQL (Oracle, MySQL, Postgresql) and NoSQL(Hadoop, Cassandra, Hbase, Couch DB MongoDB) databases.
- Research, evaluate and recommend appropriate SQL and NoSQL products and monitoring/management tools.
- Research, evaluate and recommend SQL and NoSQL solutions (existing & emerging) and best use cases for them.
- Conduct system performance evaluations.
- Research, evaluate and make available patches, new releases and functionality enhancements.
- Design database schemas/keyspaces for different SQL and NoSQL databases optimized for high availability, consistency and performance.
- Assist Development Teams in designing, modeling and validating SQL and NoSQL solutions for their applications.
- Perform performance tuning techniques for optimizing database operations
- Monitor and administer database systems and data at real time.
- Extensive familiarity with Linux operating system administration.
- Experience engineering and/or administering SQL and NoSQL infrastructure.
- Proficient with one or more Apache Software Foundation Big Data & Database projects such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Hbase, MongoDB, Flume and etc.
- Proficient with installing, configuring, administering, using and benchmarking NoSQL solutions.
- Knowledgeable in designing, developing & documenting use cases.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and etc.